Board Members and Staff
- Stephen E. Sands – Executive Director and Chairperson
- Helping people has always been Stephen’s passion and making his living as a business coach helps fill that passion.
- Stephen has enjoyed writing with inmates for a long time and has developed many long-term relationship with them. Some of the relationships continue after they have been released and as successful EX- offenders are leading product lives. At any given time he is writing to 4 or 8 inmates.
- Stephen leads “Walking Your Faith” classes in Perry County Prison as a volunteer with Second Chance Ministries (http://scmpa.com/) and speaks on their behalf at graduation service for inmates who have successfully complete the course.
- He is on the Board of Directors of CRESC, Capital Region Ex-offender Support Coalition (http://www.reentrynow.org/) and works on their Housing Committee.
- Ed Stevenson – Board Member and Treasurer
- Ed Stevenson was a business coach from ActionCOACH for 10 years. He offers a broad range of services and training designed to help small to medium size business owners. His expertise is in marketing, sales, team building and profit enhancement.
- Ed has a B.S. in Economics from Virginia Tech University and earned his MBA from Shippensburg University. Upon graduating from Virginia Tech, Ed moved to the Harrisburg area for its economic stability and community values.
- His professional career includes senior management positions in local financial institutions. He has built numerous sales teams and has an expertise in combining marketplace dynamics with company goals.
- Ed brings valuable experience from his banking and lending background.
- Gail Sands – Board Member and Bookkeeping
- Barry McClay – Board Member
- Cary Loyd – Board Member
53 W Main Street Staff
- Eddie McCrary – Ambassador and Public Speaker
- John Langel – Ambassador and PenPal Co-Ordinator